Credit Controller – Winsford, Cheshire
Saint Flooring are a leading flooring contractor with branches covering most of England supplying and installing floor coverings to the new house build industry. To support our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join the team.
Reporting to the Group Management Accountant, you will be responsible for collecting from a range of customer accounts within the debtor’s ledger, providing great customer service and adopting a pro-active approach to resolve outstanding debts.
At Saint, you would be joining what we believe to be the best flooring team in the new house build industry within the UK.
To manage and reduce aged debtor balances for the group working with a turnover in excess of £16 million.
- Achievement of monthly targets
- Proactive checking and chasing of invoices and resolving customer enquiries
- Developing a strong understanding of systems and processes
- Improve the timely collection of aged accounts
- Ensuring great relationships are established with customers and the accounts team
- Understanding Balance sheet reconciliations and general housekeeping of the Sales Ledger
- At least 3 years’ previous experience of credit collections from blue chip customers
- Ability to effectively process and manage a large volume of invoices
- To be target driven and strive for perfection
- Highly proficient use of SAGE, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels
- To be a real team player, with personality and drive to succeed.
- Excellent organisational skills and excellent attention to detail are crucial for this role
- Experience of new build policies regarding VAT split and allocations would be an advantage
In return we offer a great place to work in a forward thinking business, excellent salary, pension, 28 days holiday allowance (including Bank Holidays) and Christmas shutdown in addition to these.
Please note, no approach will be made to your present or past employer before an offer of employment is made to you.